Practical Thoughts on Information Technology and Cybersecurity
Michael Coburn, M.S., CISSP, CISM
A seasoned Information Security Management Professional and ongoing PhD Student, I bring a robust 25 years of experience spanning across the full spectrum of IT and cybersecurity. This experience encompasses but is not limited to, the design and implementation of Written Information Security Programs, spearheading incident responses, detecting threats, and securing remote endpoints. My proven proficiency lies in the consistent delivery of comprehensive security strategies and tailored advice to top-tier management and key cybersecurity stakeholders.
I possess an expert-level understanding of industry best practices and regulatory compliance standards, such as HIPAA, HITRUST CSF, and ISO 27001/27002. I'm a strategic collaborator and team architect, skilled at partnering with business leaders to solve complex problems and devise value-adding strategies that dovetail seamlessly with overarching corporate goals. My particular strengths are in the realms of Cloud Computing, Information Security, Systems and Network Infrastructure, and Vendor Management.
Certifications in my portfolio include but are not limited to: CISSP, CISM SSCP, CSCP, Security +, Cloud +, Network +, Cysa +, Project +, A +, CAPM, MCSE, CCNA, and CCNP.
My specialties encompass:
- HITRUST CSF & Cybersecurity
- Network and Systems Management
- Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
- IT Risk Management & Compliance
- Incident Response & Security Information Event Management
- Security Host & Network Hardening & Information System Security
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- Security Architecture & Engineering
- Identity & Access Management & Security Operations
- Firewall & Network Security Management
- Security Awareness & Education
- Cloud Security & Data Loss Prevention
- EPP/EDR/XDR & Management of Global Remote Workforces
- Managed Services
- Expertise in GDPR, GLBA, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, ISO 27001/27002 regulations.