Michael Coburn is The Michael Coburn Project,
Michael Coburn has been the Information Security Manager for HealthChannels LLC. since 2018. Throughout my career I have worked for such organizations such as CBS NEWS, About.com, IDT Telecommunications and I am a proud veteran of the United States Coast Guard. I cut my teeth in what I call the dotconomey of the late 1990's and I have over 25 years of technical and business experience in network communications and systems engineering.
I hold a variety of Cisco, Microsoft and CompTIA Certifications as well as my CISSP and my SSCP. I attended Broward College, finishishing my Bachelors of Applied Science in IT Magna Cum Laude.
I am the very proud Father of 3 beautiful children and strive to maintain a healthy work life balance. I do volunteer work with the Broward county school system as well as the South Florida Fatherhood Taskforce.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
MCP ID #2880473
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Cisco Meraki Network Operator
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
February 2003 & May 2019 # 44085
SSCP June 2018 # 44085
CompTIA Secure Cloud Professional – CSCP
CompTIA Security Analytics Professional – CSAP
CompTIA Cloud Admin Professional – CCAP
CompTIA Cloud+ ce
CompTIA CySA+ ce
CompTIA Network+ ce
CompTIA Security+ ce
Comp TIA Project+
Comp TIA A+
City of Hollywood
Position: Network Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities: Member of City of Hollywood Network Operations Department. Responsible for the IT infrastructure for the City of Hollywood including Public Safety, City Hall, Public Utilities/Public Works etc. Day included Network monitoring and troubleshooting. Implementation of new technologies and project fulfillment.
• Architected plan for Email migration from Exchange 2010 on premises to Office 365 including cost analysis, Resolution writing, Scope of work and vendor selection. Implementation of hybrid server/ADSync server and Active Directory Sync to the Cloud.
• Configuration and Roll out of over 30 Cisco VG204 and 310 for replacement of city Centrex lines.
• Implementation of Cisco Jabber and Verba for IM records retention.
The Fresh Diet
Position: Network Manager/CSO
Roles and Responsibilities: Responsible for the Corporate IT infrastructure for a national gourmet diet food delivery company. Oversaw all corporate IT for Miami headquarters and five industrial kitchens in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Los Angles. Company CSO setting corporate policy for data retention, email policy, user and data security requirements. Management of IT support staff including hiring, training and annual reviews. Assisted CTO with all IT related yearly systems planning and annual budgeting. Vendor relations management including selection, agreement negotiation and billing disputes.
• Assisted with migration of Corporate Terremark company application servers to Amazon Web Services EC2 instances.
• Implementation of redundant Digium Switchvox VOIP telephone systems.
• Migration of local provider based IMAP email system to Google Apps/Google Docs.
• Reduction/consolidation of redundant leased lines to PF Sense Alix firewall appliances for consolidated management.